- Click here to open the event creation page.
- You need to be logged in, so we can track submitters and so you can update your submissions later. If you already have your own user/pass, go on and login. If you don’t, quickly create a new account by using Facebook/Google login
- Add your event details including:
- Event name.
- Event Start Date/Time. (if there is no finite end date for your event add the date till when you want the event to be advertised on our website). If there is no specific time for your event, you can select “All day event” if it is an all day event or “no end time”.
- Category: Event (physical or online)/ Postdoc opportunities (job postings etc.).
- Location: Select location from drop-down menu. If the location of your event is not listed, fill in the details manually in the space provided.
- Event Organizer Fields: Either select from the drop-down menu or fill in your own organizer details.
- Upload an image (poster for your event).If your event doesn’t have a poster, we highly recommend uploading an image (free stock image from unsplash.com, for instance).
- Additional Private Notes: fill in notes/instructions only our website moderators can see.
- Click submit for review.
To make processing your request faster, please always fill out these fields:
Title, Description, Time, Location (leave empty if there is no location) and Image.
Event inclusion policy:
If you want your event to be included in the next newsletter:
- Submit events for review no later than 5 pm on the previous Friday
- We no longer send special, day-of bulletins
- The Wider the better: As you can see in this screenshot, the lunar year banner is small and not easy to read:
The reason is that the height is larger than the width, we would suggest that when you create your beautiful banners, create wide banners with a relatively small height just like below:
- Free Stock photos for your events: Take a look at the Unsplash.com, if you need free but pretty photos.Another good website is pexels.com. During my search I found this great blog post that introduces other alternative sources for free stock photos.
- Refer to the pro-event-calendar-documentation for more in-depth guide on the events software used on this website.
You can easily allow users RSVP to your event by selecting the checkbox named “Allow user RSVP capabilities for this event”. The system will automatically generate the links. You might want to add a note in the description field saying the registration is open.
“Limit maximum capacity count per each RSVP” refers to the maximum number of people one person can bring along.
“Limit maximum capacity count per each RSVP”, limits the number of registrations to your event. If left empty, it will allow unlimited RSVPs.