- Click here to open the event creation page.
- You need to be logged in, so we can track submitters and also give you the possibility to update your own submissions, later. If you already have your own user/pass, go on and login. If you don’t, quickly create a new account by using Facebook/Google login
- Add your event details including:
- Event Description.
- Category: Announcements/JHPDA event/non-JHPDA event/Job posting.
- Start date, end date (if there is no finite end date for your event add the date till when you want the event to be advertised on our website).
- Start time, end time (If there is no specific time for your event, you can select “yes” on the drop down menu “hide time”).
- Upload an image (poster for your event).
- Location: Select location from drop-down menu. If the location of your event is not listed, select “other” and add location name/address.
- Click “I’m not a robot”.
- Click submit for review.
To make processing your request, faster, please always fill out these fields:
Title, Description, Time, Location (leave empty if there is no location) and Image.
Event inclusion policy:
If you want your event to be included in the following week’s newsletter (goes out on Monday after review)
- Submit events for review no later than 5PM on the previous Friday
- For special bulletins, please e-mail communications co-chair the title of the event
- Only 1 special bulletin per month per committee
- Special bulletins will not be sent on Monday or Tuesday (because the main newsletter is sent out on those days)
- The Wider the better: As you can see in this screenshot, the lunar year banner is small and not easy to read:
The reason is that the height is larger than the width, i would suggest that when you create your beautiful banners, create wide banners with relatively smaller height just like below:
- Free Stock photos for your events: Take a look at the Unsplash.com, if you need free but pretty photos.Another good website is pexels.com. During my search I found this great blog post that introduces other alternative sources for free stock photos.
- Refer to the pro-event-calendar-documentation for more in-depth guide on the events software used on this website.
You can easily allow users RSVP to your event by selecting the checkbox named “allow registration”. The system will automatically generate the links. You might want to add a short text in the description field saying the registration is open…
“Block Hours” refers to the deadline before registrations close. If left empty, no deadline will be set.
“Registration limit”, limits the number of registrations to your event. If left empty, it will allow unlimited RSVPs.