Initiated by postdocs from Harvard and MIT, JoLS, Journal of Life Sciences, is the first-ever peer-reviewed Open Access international publication run entirely by
Initiated by postdocs from Harvard and MIT, JoLS, Journal of Life Sciences, is the first-ever peer-reviewed Open Access international publication run entirely by postdoc scientists. JoLS was launched about 18 months ago, and we have made considerable progress. Please see the coverage in the Career Column from Nature Publishing Group (NPG) and the PostDocket from The National Postdoc Association (NPA).
In addition to publishing quality articles, JoLS provides tremendous opportunities for professional development for postdocs in writing, peer-reviewing, proofreading, and editing of scientific manuscripts. Other activities include the opportunity to interview accomplished scientists to be featured in SoLS, Society of Life Sciences, and to interview outstanding mentor-postdoc pairs for the Mentor-PostDoc Spotlight (MPS) series in JoLS.
To continue to serve the postdoc community at large, JoLS seeks and appreciates your support in the following ways:
1. Endorse the initiative. It takes just a couple of minutes to fill out the form with a logo representing your PDA.
2. Share the attached Doc Post with postdocs and grad students in your institution.
3. Provide Monetary Support to offset our growing operational costs and to continue to successfully run these platforms.
4. Publish proceedings from annual postdoc symposia. We can permanently archive the proceedings for future reference. A separate subdomain for each institution will be dedicated as well (e.g., InstituteName.journaloflifesciences.org).
JoLS’ eventual goals are to:
1. Host exclusive international conferences to showcase postdoc research.
2. Recognize accomplished postdocs with monetary awards.
3. Institute postdoc travel grants and research grants.
Read more at the link below:
All Day (Thursday)